This journal wanders about. It's poetry, reflections, snippets from other stories and ideas of others, and my own pot luck thoughts reflecting the transparent thinking of this post-traumatically stressed, majorly depressed social phobic before and after my breakdown.

September 25, 2012

It has been some time since i have written in this blog, even though weirdly, it doesn't look like it on the blog.

So many changes and experiences have happened since my last entry, i feel compelled me to return.

As you know, my style of writing has always taken more of a 'biographical fiction' slant because much of it is opinion; maybe not yours....all mine (!!!) and i do not require that you agree with me - to the contrary! 

My Uncle Charlie used to say "without conflict there would be no dialogue" so if my ideas conflict with yours, let's talk about it, that's cool.

I know there 60 billion blog places and 555 billion bloggers, so here, in my tiny world of words, I would like to talk about how we think about "what we're doing" and "where we are going" as people with PTSD.   

I believe this disorder is still misunderstood by many people including therapists, social work community workers to psychiatrists and family physicians.  More people are opening up; more people are writing about what's going on with their lives and about living day to day with PTSD (chronic or otherwise) and this adds to the literature which  explains "what's going on" with this disorder.  This can only be a good thing!!!!

All of this is life long learning but a worthy thing to write about, i think.

So, here goes!  Back to the Blog, Bob!  It's time to get back into the conversation. 

1 comment:

Mischa Fellez Johnston said...

Thank you for your much needed voice:) I'm donating a Therapeutic Adult Coloring Book for PTSD, and Adult ADHD Patients, and when I meet my funding goal, I'll be donating copies to a local mental health organization. Art has always been a refuge from my own PTSD and I want to share that respite with the world. I've been an illustrator for twenty years and I've seen coloring help trauma survivors, adult ADHD patients, and even people needing to work on their coordination skills. I'd be honored if you'd post the link below on your wonderful site:) I'm offering several coloring templates, and color art prints of my original paintings, as well as full copies of the coloring book as rewards for the donors of this campaign! Thank you so much for considering it and I will joyfully be following your blog! Indiegogo link: http://www.indiegogo.com/project/preview/e0719bc