This journal wanders about. It's poetry, reflections, snippets from other stories and ideas of others, and my own pot luck thoughts reflecting the transparent thinking of this post-traumatically stressed, majorly depressed social phobic before and after my breakdown.

October 27, 2011

World Series - could be final game if Texas wins. Don't know whether to root for our League or the underdog (St. Louis Cardinals) I miss watching the ball games with my no-longer partner. I mixed my meds up today and took the evening ones in the a.m. By noon i was having a panic-attack, crying when i finally got home. Poor son-in-law but he is such a compassionate man. I'm feeling much better about being in my new digs at my daughter's home. One day at a time. I love being with the children more and i am making some old connections again.....reaching out. The last "reaching out" left me quivering in a mass under the covers fending off flashback but i'm not going to let that deter me. Game tied; top of 7th. I miss the dog, you know, but sometimes a dog is in your life for a special reason and then they provide service to someone else and i know he is with a good dog-owner and will take good care of him. I went to the Humane Society and it was sad to see if there were any comparable dogs but they were all WAY too tense and active for me. I'll try next week.

I don't think people realize how many people are one cheque away from being homeless or poor, poor, poor. living with family.when or while the inevitable plays out. It's crazy...in more ways than one. The latest figures for WELFARE and ODSP (Ontario Disability Support Program). Welfare is a program which will demand the individual provide documented efforts for looking for job. It provides 586.00 / month. ODSP provides..1264.00 per month and is provided for individuals with disabilities which, more than likely, will not improve over time. The welfare payment does not make sense and is not a living wage. ODSP is way under the poverty line and yet these programs are touted as appropriate and that the job market will be able to accommodate them. You are allowed 3,000.00 in bank at all times. Any more money provided from any source can be used to prepay a funeral or continue helpful therapies. I'm sure there's other reasons but i forget what the are. The only connection for people is

No comments: