This journal wanders about. It's poetry, reflections, snippets from other stories and ideas of others, and my own pot luck thoughts reflecting the transparent thinking of this post-traumatically stressed, majorly depressed social phobic before and after my breakdown.

December 14, 2011

Some thoughts

i've been interested in the concept of "nationalism" (as you all know!!)  there is a wide body of differences in cultural approaches to mental health around the world; some filled with shame and fear and lack of knowledge; others supporting acceptance and understanding for people.  Being advocates for people.  That's what i'm trying to teach my grandson.  Anyways,  I met new neighbors across the street.  There country of origin was Pakistan and the woman had alot of difficulty with the language  and her mother, father, four-year old and one-year old live all together.  I'm very excited - a new culture in the neighbourhood.   So, it's always, cultural differences, countries of origins and generational ties to a certain geography.  We don't know how to live in peace on this planet.  My first and only argument with government is that is corrupt overtly and overt corruption (which is just as bad if not worse (ick, passive-aggressive, behind your back, derisive kind of ick. ).

So, back to mental health - i wish there was a way to take away the stigma of "being a woman" is carried buy most couples i supported from that mid-eastern area of the world would tell you outright that male domination is normal and natural even to the point of the woman  accepting abuse.  When i worked with people on the street, i saw that happening to everyone.  but i would replace male domination with system domination here.  Aye, Aye Captain Harper, lets march on to Victory.  God/de this world is crap.  Women should organize a coup or all the male dominated postions and politics - that'll show them!!hahaha

My mental health has been up and down since the incident (which shall not be named), mostly down with depression.  I was deaf so i was ok with the kids but physical manifestations of stress is common for me.  I used to like Louse Hayes work on emotion and body (Rubenfeld Synergy; Feldenkreis).  So, you're deaf?  What do you not want to hear!!  I'm better now - i think that i've got things figured out.  I think the guy i was going out with was a prick and i have to get over blaming myself for "fucking" the relationship.  God/de, my mother bloody BATHED me in guilt when i was a child.   In the venue of - "i am not the centre of the world" - i do realize that if i ignore body/mind connection and how important that is then i lost perspective.  Same with spirit and emotion.

You know, 'acceptance' is a simple word to write, to say and to define but sometimes even IMPOSSIBLE to achieve.  But still, as wounded healers (Henri Nouwem) we must say what the "thing" is, face it and see it's viability, liability.  Is it a burden still, like Robert DiNoro carring a large satchel of rocks up to the top of the mountain because his self-recrimination was still in him..  I feel that way about abuse sometimes.  So much energy in the world is wasted because perpetrators do not realize the pain they put young children in when they touch them inappropriately; such pain as some go mad with the memory of it and some who walk around with pain from it.   I've seen that several times in my career.  The expectations of my job were not realistic.  My supervisor had even less line experience with serious mental illness than i had!  She was an amazingly nice woman and very talented but as a team and with my not yet diagnosed by rampant disabilities but definitely my anxiety was rising to "Never, Never (again) will my life be the same Land)!!!  O god/de, the stories i could tell but i must sleep or the troop will just steamroll me in the a.m.a


No comments: